2018 Kinetic Sculpture Race - Mediocre Super Heros!
Search deep within yourself...what is your super power? We challenge you to come up with your own mediocre Super Hero. Don't copy, buy or borrow anyone else's...create your own!
A full weekend of wacky fun, starting with the Art Kontest and Parade and, 1st day of racing which includes the water portion of the kourse, the Rosehip Ball and Kween Kontest Saturday night and then the road, sand and mud kourse on Sunday ending with the awards ceremony in the American Legion Hall.
The GREAT Port Townsend Bay Kinetic Sculpture Race was created in 1983. A Kinetic Skulpture is a human powered, artistically enhanced vehicle that must go through sand (Kwick Sand), mud,(The Dismal Bog), float on water, and transverse hilly, silly neighborhoods. Some skulptures are engineering marvels while most are... a mixture of bicycle parts, styrofoam, duct tape, imagination and prayers. Awards are given to each racer whether they want it or not, but the most highly prized award is the Mediocrity Award; the skulpture that finishes in the middle of the pack. Bribes help. Kinetic racers and the glorious spectators must be kapable of having fun without taking the event too seriously.
Friday, October 5th
- Early K-Bird Hospitality Party, 6:00pm - 9:00pm at The Old Whiskey Mill. Join us for our Friday night meet and greet to kick off our Kinetic Weekend. Entry is free, food and drink can be purchased from the restuarant.
Saturday Oktober 6th
- Sculpture staging and Racers Information meeting, 10:30am - 12:00pm
- Kinteic Parade, Sculpture safety tests, & water kourse Low Noon - 3:30-ish
- Kween Koronation Kostume Ball, 8:00pm - 12:30am
Come dance the night away to Uncle Funk and the Dope 6. Help choose our next Rose Hips Kween at our annual Kinetic Fundraiser ball. This 21 & older event held at the American Legion Hall is your chance to dress in a mediocre Super Hero kostume and shake it down. Entry is $15 per ticket. Please no cameras inside the event. Want to be the new Rosehips Kween, don't forget to get the details and signup (everyone is welcome to run for kween).
Sunday Oktober 7th
- Sculpture staging and team song/dance, 10:30am - 12:00pm
- Port Townsend road, Sand and Mud Kourse, Low Noon - 5:00pm-ish
- Survivor's Post Party and Award Ceremony, 6:00pm-ish - 8 pm-ish
For the Glory!
CHEATING IS NOT A RIGHT, BUT A PRIVILEGE!