Free 3-Week Class / Auditions For Poetic Justice Theatre Ensemble
3 Fridays: Oct. 12, 19, 26; 3:15-6:00 PM
- Check out the Poetic Justice Theatre Ensemble as we shift to a teen-centered season.
- Share your stories and explore your challenges.
- Create short plays about relevant social issues that matter to you.
- Have FUN!
- Participation in performances not required.
- No theatre experience necessary!
This free 3-week class will introduce you to applied social justice theatre and will serve as an "audition" process for teens interested in joining the Poetic Justice Theatre Ensemble. Learn fun and valuable techniques while you play with us and we get to know each other.
A multi-generational, multi-ethnic team now celebrating our 18th season, the ensemble's focus is on stimulating community dialogue and inviting positive action towards the creation of a more just and joyous world for all people.
Subject matter from previous years' public performances have included the silencing of youth, racism, poverty, mental health, LGBTQ/gender issues, domestic violence, drugs & alcohol, hate speech, global warming, gun violence, and war. Inclusive of all opinions, empowering, deeply effective, and fun!
Requirements to join Poetic Justice long-term are:
- A passion for social justice.
- the willingness for honesty and self reflection in a group.
- the ability to make a consistent weekly commitment to rehearsals every Friday 3:15-6:00 PM through May 2019 (standard holidays off) plus an all-day retreat in November.
- Acting experience helpful but not required.
Please call to sign up in advance.
A Project of the Mandala Center for Change