Name: John Quincy Adams House
Year Built: 1887
Location: F Street and Tyler Street
Area: Uptown Port Townsend
Built in 1889 by Albert C. Adams, the home is called John Quincy Adams for his father who was a descendent of the renowned Adams family of Revolutionary times. His father served in the Union Army, lived in Chicago for several years and moved to Port Townsend in 1887.
RoHis only son, Albert, prospected for gold in Alaska, bought several properties in the area and was a real estate speculator and builder. The house reflects elements from three different architectural styles of the Victorian era.
Data modified from the National Register of Historic Places, the former Victorian Festival Heritage Home Tour, property owners and other sources. All material copyrighted by PTguide.com.