Name: Dr. Ernest Gleason House
Year Built: 1900
Location: Morgan Hill
Area: Uptown Port Townsend
Dr. Gleason, a dentist from Boston and his wife Alma purchased land and had this home built in 1900.
It was patterned after their former home in Massachusetts. Dr. Gleason may have set up his practice in what is now the dining room, using the built-in cabinets for his dental tools.
In 1904 when sewers were extended to this Morgan Hill area, a dormer was added to the second story to accommodate the addition of indoor plumbing.Data modified from the National Register of Historic Places, the former Victorian Festival Heritage Home Tour, property owners and other sources. All material copyrighted by PTguide.com.