The Port Townsend Marine Science Center: Inspiring Conservation of the Salish Sea.
The Port Townsend Marine Science Center (PTMSC) is an educational and scientific organization devoted to understanding and conserving our marine and shoreline environment.
Through its various programs, the Port Townsend Marine Science Center:
- Teaches respect for and stewardship of the myriad life forms in that environment;
- Creates active and involving educational experiences for groups, with a particular emphasis on youth;
- Provides exhibits, programs, and publications featuring local marine and shoreline habitat, history, flora, and fauna;
- Encourages meaningful volunteer experiences in PTMSC activities;
- Provides citizen science opportunities for the general public;
- Partners and cooperates with other organizations dedicated to the conservation of Puget Sound and the NW Straits;
- Encourages understanding of and participation in local, national, and international decisions impacting the marine and shoreline environment.